Recent Assignments by Vision Quest
|Client||Description Of Assignments|
|COOPI||• Development of full proposal for ECHO Humanitarian Action Plan (HIP)
• Hydro – Geophysical Survey
|• Kenya Resilient Arid Lands Partnership for Integrated Development (Kenya RAPID)
• Baseline Survey in Turkana, Garissa, Wajir, Marsabit and Isiolo Counties of Kenya.
|Save The Children||• Review of the Regional Information Sharing Protocol of South Sudan UASCs in East Africa.
• Third Party Monitoring - Life Saving Humanitarian Relief to Communities Affected by Shocks in Somalia
• Third Party Monitoring - Humanitarian Assistance to Drought and Conflict Affected Populations in Somalia (ECHO HIP 2015)
|• IDRC – AERC Support to Somalia Capacity Building: Needs Assessment and Institutional Mapping
|Samaritan’s purse||• Evaluation of Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Assistance in Northern Bahr El Ghazal (NBEG), South Sudan|
|Kindernothilfe||• Baseline Study and Development of M&E System to Enhance Resilience to Climate Change|
|Handicap International||• Fourth Post Impact Survey for AVR project|
|Adeso||• A Study on How to Effectively Identify and Mitigate Impacts of Compounding Factors of Chronic Sequential Shocks in Lower Juba|
|SAVE THE CHILDREN||• Independent Monitoring of Sustaining Life Saving and Humanitarian Relief to Communities Affected by Drought in Somalia|
|SAVE THE CHILDREN||• Independent Monitoring of Somalia drought 2017 – Cash Transfer and Medium Term|
|UNWOMEN||• Institutional Capacity Assessment to Implement UN Women Programs in Somalia - CESVI, World Vision, COOPI, Caritas, SSW, SWDC, CED, OXFAM, ADESO, PSU, VSF Germany, ADRA among others.
• Gender Responsive Budgeting – capacity building of actors on gender responsive national planning and budging.
• Baseline Survey for Somalia Country Programme and Strategic Note (2012- 2013).
• Gender assessment, mapping of women’s organizations and review of district development plans.
|UNFPA||• Evaluation of UNFPA Country Program – 2011- 2016.
• Evaluation of Emergency Response to Pregnancy and Child Birth Complications in IDP Settlements Project in Somalia
• Capacity development for the IPs on results based management, results based M&E, Resource management, HAP, Reporting, RH Commodity management.
• Development of communication strategy - Somalia country program
|UNDP||• Capacity Development on Gender Mainstreaming, PCM, Gender Advocacy and Grant Management Skills for Gender focal points from across ministries as
• well as civil society who have been appointed to sit on the inter-ministerial coordination body established by the gender machineries in all three regions of
• Developed a gender mainstreaming tool-kit for gender focal desks of government ministries department’s and agencies.
|UNICEF||• Development of Health Care Waste Management Policy for Somalia
• Somalia’s Nutrition Training Needs: Scoping Assessment
|Danish Refugee Council||• Evaluation of Integrated Emergency Response (IER) - Food Security and Livelihoods; NFI/Shelter; WASH and Infrastructure; Protection and Advocacy;
• Community-Driven Recovery and Development ;as well as Emergency Response on a case-by-case basis
• Evaluation – Improved Livelihood for the Disaster Affected populations in Somalia
• Food Security Assessment and development of Food Security Strategy for Somalia
• Field-based Integrated Emergency Response Assessment. Food Security and Livelihoods; NFI/Shelter; WASH and Infrastructure; Protection and Advocacy;
• Community-Driven Recovery and Development
• Country program Gender Audit to reflect existing DRC practice alongside the existing DRC’s gender policies and practices.
• ILDACS - End of project evaluation in Somaliland and Benadir (Mogadishu) Regions of Somalia.
• Refugees Marketable Skills Assessment in Somalia
• Cash for Food Security Support (CAFSS) Assessment Somalia
|CARE||• Development of five (5) year Strategic Plan for the Ministry of Environment, Wildlife and Tourism (MoEWT)
• Evaluation of Somalia IDP Support programme
• Environmental Impact Assessment for Somali girls education promotion programme (SomReP) in Somaliland, Somalia and South Central.
• Analysis of the National Education and Teacher Education Policies
|MERCY CORPS||• Final Evaluation of School Environment and Education Development in Somalia Program. This was an integrated program with education,
• WASH and Health components
|COMIC RELIEF||• Mid-term Evaluation of ACE Africa’s HIV/AIDS and OVCs Project funded by Comic Relief in Bungoma and Nyanza Districts.|
|ACF||• Evaluation of DFiD-funded Emergency Nutrition, Health and WASH interventions for conflict and drought –affected populations in South-Central Somalia|
|• Assessment of ISF staff’s understanding of FGM
• Baseline survey - Reducing and mitigating gender based violence in Somaliland
• Study on the influence and potential of the Diaspora as an agent of change in advancing gender equality in Somaliland
• Capacity development of IPs on Management. M&E, Leadership and Governance
• Analysis of staff’s understanding and gaps in capacity of FGM mainstreaming in Somalia
Network –Africa (TJN-A)
|• Review of TJN-A's 2013-2016 Strategic Plan|
|University of Maryland,|
|• Evaluation of Partnership for Advanced Clinical Education(PACE), Program – CDC Funded - UoN, KU, JKUAT, KNH, MTRH, Maseno, NASCOP, Kenya Pediatrics Association, Nursing Council of Kenya|